Once you have your website up and running, it's important to do some form of marketing to get the traffic flowing. Small businesses may opt for placing their web address on their stationary, business cards, brochures and other media. The same strategies may not apply to online businesses.
There are several strategies you can employ online to get the traffic you need. You can engage in several activities to generate your own traffic. These processes are usually drawn out and take time to implement. We'll cover all of the basic steps to develop a solid internet marketing foundation.
In This Section We Will Cover
- Why it's important to keep internet statistics of your visitors
- The fastest way to get traffic to your site
- The differences between Pay-Per-Click and Impression advertising
- What directories are and how they work
- How search engines work and what they look for
- Basic concepts to increase your search engine ranking
- How to gradually increase the traffic to your site with e-mail
- On-site Technical solutions to increasing your search engine ranking
- Off-site search engine optimization techniques